Sunday, June 18, 2017

Interview with Garry Kasparov at The Economic Times



Former World Champion Garry Kasparov is promoting his most recent book Deep Thinking: Where Machine Intelligence Ends and Human Creativity Begins, which covers his matches in 1996 and 1997 against IBM's Deep Blue computer.

This is from the interview:


On challenging current players
They are very strong, with Magnus Carlsen still a step above everyone else. But I haven't been gone so long! I played many games against several of the players still near the top, especially Kramnik and Anand. Of the young generation, they are often very good technically and still need to show their fire and dedication. One reason I'm impressed with Wesley So is how hard he works. He has other chessboard talents as well, but his ability to focus and prepare is tremendous. I have no interest in big chess challenges. Top-level chess, especially classical chess, requires concentration and dedication. I have a million other things in my life today, from young children to books and politics. It's not compatible with professional chess and I'm quite happy with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment